Tofu, Kale and Ginger Miso Soup
It’s been a little more than a week since I started my 40-day challenge of pursuing a vegan and yogi lifestyle – And so far, all is great! … Amazing, actually.
Yes, I miss cheese. But restricting my diet in one sense has completely opened it up in another way. Instead of grabbing a cheese stick for a snack, I am now reaching for hummus, avocado slices, pita chips, etc. And instead of defaulting to homemade pizza or a chicken dish for dinner, I am enjoying some amazing creations like this tofu, kale and ginger miso soup! As with most of my vegetarian/vegan creations, credit must be given to Rachel Brumitt, who made something similar, which inspired my spin-off.
This recipe is super easy, incredibly delicious and insanely healthful!
- 1 white or yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 bunch of Kale (de-ribbed and roughly chopped)
- 1 box of miso soup
- Olive oil
- Pureed or minced ginger
- Minced garlic
- Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Sauté the onions and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a pot or Dutch oven for a few minutes (3-5 minutes)
- Add the carrots and cook for another few minutes
- Add the Kale, a few tablespoons of the ginger (adjust according to your tastes — I love ginger!), a few cloves of garlic and continue to sauté
- Once the kale starts to cook down a little (not too much – you don’t want it to be limp or lose too much color), add the box of miso soup
- Add in the cubed tofu and simmer for a few minutes
- Taste and add salt/red pepper flakes, as needed
Enjoy! And Namaste!
Organic Tofu, Kale and Ginger Miso Soup